Tuesday, June 28, 2011

SM Events {Lorenzo's Crab Shack Birthday Bash}



Last Sunday we celebrated my son's 3rd birthday. The theme was Crab Shack and it was inspired by the wonderful Kim from The Tomkat Studio. She designed the most beautiful 4th of July printables. These I adapted to our own celebration.
First, we started with the invite. I designed it using the same little crab, colors and elements in which the theme is based. After printing it I placed it on top of dark blue paper to give it a frame and sort of a finishing touch. I think it came out pretty amazing, don't you think?
For the cake and cupcakes we decided to order them from a local bakery with just white whipped cream topping and style it myself (with the help of my amazing sister/cake styler). The very talented Vanessa from Azucarado made the most amazing little crabbies to use on top of the cake & cupcakes. We sprinkled some blue sugar on top and I design the cake topper as well as the cupcake toppers.  



I also asked Vanessa to make some Crab Cookies and to create a cookie including the same elements of the theme. She went so far as to design the most amazing cookie using a digital scan of the same image I provided her. It looked amazing! We used the same template we design for the cupcake toppers as favor tags to be placed on the crab cookies as favors to our guests.



The centerpieces were design using cardboard favor boxes wrapped in matching ribbons.











I also ordered matching outfits for the kids. Ariam from PRecious Baby knew just what I wanted and besides Loren's polo, she designed the most beautiful pillow case dress for Camille.




Since here in sunny Puerto Rico we are in the middle of summer, 
with temperatures in the 90's, and the theme went perfect with it, 
we decided to make it a pool party.
No need to say the kids (and the not so kids) had a blast, 
and I am pretty proud of how everything turned out!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment